Dr. Sina Yarmohammadi is a Consultant Physician and Geriatrician. Dr. Sina became a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) in 2022 and completed his specialist training at St Vincent’s Hospital health network and Royal North Shore Hospital.
Dr. Sina's goal is to provide holistic patient-centered care to his clients and provide support and information to their families and carers. As a Geriatrician, Dr. Sina looks after a range of medical conditions including cognitive impairments and dementias, behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD), delirium, elderly falls, polypharmacy, perioperative assessments, and Advance Care Planning. I am available to review patients in their own place of residence to overcome barriers to accessing aged care services.
He believes the best patient outcomes are achieved through clear communication and collaboration between all stakeholders including but not limited to patients, carers, general practitioners, allied health professionals, and involved specialists.
- Newborn baby care
- Sleep and settling
- Infant wellness checks for feeding and growth
- Infant gastroesophageal reflux
- Asthma and allergy
- Childhood constipation
- Travel medicine and vaccination advice
- Use of multimodality imaging techniques in the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular disease, with particular emphasis on cardiac CT.
- Transthoracic and Transesophageal echocardiography
- Stress echocardiography and cardiac MRI
- Anticoagulant therapies
- Preventative cardiology
- Lipid management.
- He is a Conjoint Lecturer with the UNSW School of Medicine. He is heavily involved with the training and mentorship of students, junior medical officers, and cardiology trainees.
- Teaching cardiac CT with the Australian Institute of Cardiac Computed Tomography.
- Chest pain and shortness of breath
- Heart attacks and coronary artery disease
- Heart rhythm abnormalities
- Coronary angiography
- Cardiac device implantation (pacemakers and defibrillators)
- Research and teaching
- Gallstones and other biliary disorders
- Hernias (inguinal, ventral, incisional, hiatus)
- Liver pathology
- Pancreatic pathology
- Stomach pathology
- Advanced arthroscopy in shoulder and elbow surgery
- Shoulder replacement
- Knee surgery
- Complex trauma surgery.
Dr. De Lacavalerie is a specialist Colorectal and General Surgeon. She has a particular interest in advanced surgical techniques such as laparoscopic (keyhole) transanal and robotic surgery for conditions of the bowel including colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, endometriosis and diverticular disease. She also manages other benign anorectal and pelvic floor conditions such as rectal prolapse, anal fissure/fistula, hemorrhoids and functional conditions such as obstructive defecation and faecal incontinence. Her clinical practice includes general and acute surgical conditions such as hernia operations, gallstones and endoscopic procedures (gastroscopy and colonoscopies).After receiving her Medical qualifications (MBBS). She started her surgical training in London, completing the Intercollegiate Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. Penelope then relocated to Australia and undertook her specialist general surgical training at Bankstown Hospital, Sydney. She subsequently achieved the Fellowship in General Surgery with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS). Following to this, she pursued a Surgeon Scientist career undertaking further studies for a higher degree at the University of New South Wales – Sydney. She is currently writing her Doctor in Philosophy (PhD) dissertation at The Garvan Institute of Medical Research. Dr. D e Lacavalerie subsequently pursued post- Fellowship training with the Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSSANZ), receiving further 2 years specialization in advanced colorectal skills in Sydney. Her Colorectal training included Robotic surgery. Dr. De Lacavalerie is passionate about providing holistic care for all her patients and in particular to women with endometriosis and functional problems of the pelvic floor. She collaborates with Gynaecology specialists on a regular basis at Nepean Private Hospital. She is a fully certified specialist in gastroscopy and colonoscopy and she also has experience in performing transrectal ultrasounds, anal manometry and pudendal nerve latency in the management of anorectal and pelvic floor conditions.
- All aspects of general urology (e.g. kidney stones, blood in urine, prostate issues, raised PSA, vasectomy, circumcision, scrotal surgery, erectile dysfunction, recurrent urinary tract infections).
- Subspecialty interest in reconstructive & functional urology (e.g. urethral surgery including urethral stricture & hypospadias, urinary incontinence in men & women, prostate cancer survivorship including erectile dysfunction, urinary symptoms including overactive bladder, urodynamic studies)